This cute goth or pirate style trinket bag is super easy to make. Let's get started!
1. First cut out a 6x8" piece of fabric.
2. With the wrong side up, fold over 1" of fabric lengthwise and iron.
3. Fold in half with right sides together and iron again. We're going to use the creases we made in the fabric as guidelines later.
4.Next, unfold the fabric and sew around the edges of the fabric using a zig zag stitch. This prevents the edges from unraveling.
5. Refold the top part of the fabric and sew along the bottom edge of the fold. This will be the casing for the ribbon.
6. Refold the fabric in half and sew along the bottom and side edges of the bag. We won't sew over the casing though. We'll leave that open for the ribbon.
7. Cut all strings and turn right side out.
8. Now take a 14" piece of ribbon and add beads to accent the fabric. I used three ribbons for this bag. You can use as many as you want.
9. Attach the ribbon to a safety pin. Use the safety pin to guide the ribbon through the casing. In the video I tied the ribbon around the safety pin instead of just poking a hole in the ribbon because the ribbon I was using was delicate (the two black ribbons weren't very wide and the pink ribbon was sheer). If I had poked a hole in the ribbons there was a chance that they would unravel.
10. Tie the ends of the ribbon together and pull the ribbon through the casing until the knot is hidden.
11. You did it! These bags are easy and fun to make. Experiment with fabrics and colors to make your bag unique.
Watch the HowTo Video:
Some of my videos are still on my Main Channel. But I have a lot of new ones coming and they'll be on my How To channel.