Click here if you'd like instructions on how to make this Tube Top Dress.
Let's get started!
1.Using either extra fabric from the dress material or fabric that compliments your dress's colors, cut two 4 1/2" x 14" strips.
2. Fold each strip in half with right sides touching (wrong side out). Iron.
3. Sew each piece along the edge.
4. Turn each piece inside out. You can use a blunt object like a felt pen with the cap on to help with this process.
5. With the dress inside out, position the straps on the dress. It helps to have the dress on a person, dress form or mannequin for this process. That way you can insure that the straps are in the right place and they are the right length. Use safety pins to pin the straps in place.
6. On the wrong side of the dress fold the raw edge of the strap under and baste. Then use adecorative or box stitch to secure the straps in place.
Watch the video below for a demonstration. And be sure to subscribe to Tiffany Bliss How To on Youtube for more great How-To Videos.